Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pope is Pooped



The Post Chronicle- Pope Benedict XVI briefly nodded off in front of tens of thousands of people during an outdoor mass in Malta's capital of Valletta.
He wouldn’t be the first person to fall asleep in church, though he’s the last one you would expect.
"It was just for a few seconds," said an onlooker. "He slumped forward onto his chest."
The Pope turned 83 on Friday and spent only 26 hours in Malta. He flew in on Saturday. Regardless of how long he spent in the country, the Pope is a busy man.
The momentary nap time visit may have been a combination of his busy schedule and age.


Click here to see a video of the Pope sleeping.

Today, I'm gonna hate on the Vatican. Now that the lame-ass disclaimer is out of the way, let's get into it.

First of all, I see myself as an agnostic when it comes to religion and I have replaced relgion with alcohol and drugs in my personal life. I have two problems with this picture and the church - the fact that priests molest children, and the fact that the Pope is, evidentally tired from molesting children all day. Now before all you jesus freaks get your panties in a bunch let me just say, fuck off freak. It's all a bunch of garbage. There is no heaven. There is no hell. Life is shit. Let's celebrate and roast some bones. Jesus ain't your savior, alter boys. I guess my whole fascination with this picture is how this zombie fell asleep in front on TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. Like, "No big deal let me just catch a few zzzz's, no one out of the tens of thousands will notice." I feel like homeboy sitting next to him should tell him he doesn't need to roofie himself to get his dick laid. I mean if the Pope can't stay awake at church there isn't a chance in hell (pun intended) I can.

My man Louis CK wraps it up.


Can we put this whole religion thing to rest without resurection?

E-mail us! @ riotmissionhill@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment