Thursday, April 29, 2010

Doomsday, Schmoomsday!



The end of the world is coming... but for $30, you won't have to worry about it.

The Church of the SubGenius says July 5 will be "X Day," when aliens visit a remote part of New York State to carry the faithful off to eternal bliss. And anyone else who hasn't coughed up the $30 "will be exterminated, in a slow and painful process."

My friend Lee Speigel has been keeping up the the Church, X Day and its festivities.
As Lee writes, this is actually the second time the satirical church has predicted a doomsday event. The last was on July 5, 1998. We're still here but, church leader the Rev. Ivan Stang says 400 people had a pretty good party that day.



Really Church of the SubGenius? If there is anything I hate more than organized religion, it's organized bullshit. You're telling me for $30 I can achieve eternal bliss? Bitches, I reach eternal bliss with 2 pills and a 40oz ($5). Fuck on top of that, I achieve eternal bliss just by writing shit about this church(free). Anyway, the difference between my eternal bliss and this church's, is that mine is real and tangible. Their eternal bliss is just a bunch of invented bullshit that some lonely old man made up to appease himself and for self-entertainment. I can't begin to understand what type of person hops on board for this type of malarkey. Expect another party in New York State this July 5th.

PS- I LOVE XDAY AND ITS FESTIVITIES!!! BOTTOMS UP ON THE KOOL AID!





E-mail us! @ riotmissionhill@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment